Graphic Design Internship
Guerilla Suit is now accepting portfolios and résumés for our spring internship position. We offer hands-on experience and direct insight into our agency. Interns can expect to work on a variety of accounts, participate in actual projects, and have to opportunity to deliver great work. Interns will be assigned creative duties to be completed within deadline while working with the entire GS team. Applicants must have an understanding of fine art / design principles and a keen eye for typography. A love of tacos and metal is a definite plus, though not required.
- Brand building
- Print and digital design
- Production design
- Web design support
- Image searching & editing
- Solid working knowledge of Adobe Cloud
- Willingness to learn
- Ego-less listening
- Ability to take direction
- Detail oriented
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organization and time management skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities
We are looking for someone who can commit to 3-5 days per week (approximately 20 to 25 hours weekly) in the office. Scheduling is flexible, and class credit is available. The internship runs approximately 18 weeks from January 15th to May 18th.
This internship is paid based on skill level and can also count toward college credit (if needed). You can send a PDF of your résumé and a link with your online portfolio directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for submissions is December 20th.
Production Artist / Designer
Guerilla Suit is looking for a Production Artist to support the creative team in preparing final files for production.
This role requires the ability to take approved concepts or designs and apply them to various mediums adhering to previously established brand standards. In order to meet the deadlines of the studio’s fast paced environment, Production Artists are expected to manage priorities and work on multiple projects / brands simultaneously. Production Artists are ultimately responsible for taking artwork during the final stages of development and preparing files for print or digital output.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Assisting with day to day production in support of design team workload
- Liaising with project managers to determine production content and requirements
- Collaborating with designers to ensure brand standards are being met
- Retouching and finalizing designs to improve output quality both in print and digital formats
- Suggesting and applying production techniques ensuring quality output in selected medium
- Managing the prepress process for print files
- Adhering to deadlines
- Assist in archiving and templating produced files
To be successful in this position, you should have a strong creative sensibility and intuition along with technical skills to produce high quality work that meets client requirements. You should be able to work both independently, managing priorities and deadlines with the help of a project manager and collaboratively with the design team on the best way to execute on deliverables. Egoless listening and being open to constructive feedback are expected. An eye for detail and impeccable organizational skills are a must.
* This position is temporary. We are looking for 40 hours a week through the end of the year with the possibility of transitioning to full-time employment.